Please note: These rules have been updated since the handbook was printed. Please follow the below.
All general water rules apply plus the following:
- Maximum of 3 kilo of bait per 24 hours.
- Maximum stay on the water is 24 hours.
- Fishing is only allowed on the South bank apart from 4 swims on the North bank. Due to the access changes and installation of the parking adjacent swims the North bank swims will no longer be provided.
- Parking & Access
Subject to certain rules – there are 3 car parks which can be used by all PDAS members on the South side of the lake. There are also times when specific PDAS anglers are able park directly behind their swim (parallel to the track – not right on the grass). There is also additional parking on the north side of the lake available to PDAS anglers.
The Rules are:
4. No large vans are allowed onto the lake unless part of a bonafide angling organised Charity, Memorial or Match event. Only car derived vans allowed on this water. The bridge has a maximum 2 tonne weight limit. Members are responsible for confirming the weight of their vehicle.
5. Sunday to Friday up to 9 members cars can use the numerous angling car parks on South side. If the car parks are full, then members must park on the north side of the lake using bonafide Car Park. This includes members who are fishing through the night.
6. Saturday – members can park up in the angling car parks before 07.30, however no cars may be moved until after 10:30. If the car parks are full, then anglers must park on the north side of the lake using bonafide Car Park. No vehicle access to the water between 07.30 and 10:30.
7. Sunday to Friday – up to 4 Blue badge holding members may park behind their swims in the day (subject to suitable ground conditions).
8. Anglers may park behind their swims (subject to suitable ground conditions) at Bonafide angling organised Charity, Memorial or Match events which are agreed with Lakeside. PDAS will manage vehicle access and movements for these events.
9. Certain Lakeside events may mean all angling access is unavailable for a defined time.
10. PDAS representatives (bailiffs and fishery team members) may access the water at any time (subject to rule 6 above) to carry out bailiffing and water management activities.
11.Security Patrol 24 hrs a day and have final say.
12. No fly-fishing.
13. No dogs allowed.
14. Night fishing is for members only.
This water remains open throughout the year