This small tributary of the River Hamble is a true wild fishery containing the same species as the main River. Access is available at both ends of the fishery shown on the map. With much of the stream being too shallow to fish its essential to travel light and find the deeper pools. The stream is best known as a winter fishery when access is easier and there is extra depth but fishes well all year round.
Please ensure you familiarize yourself with them and follow them.
Please be aware that some swims may be closed when you arrive at the water.
All general water rules apply plus the following:
1. Juniors up to and including the age of 15 years may only fish when accompanied by an Adult or Associate member.
2. Use a landing net and unhooking mat appropreiate to the size of fish expected.
3. Fishing 1 hour before sunrise to 1 hour after sunset only.
Closed season for coarse fish 15th March to 15th June inclusive. Fly fishing for Trout is permitted from 3rd April.
Access and Boundaries:
1. Fishing on north bank only from the field adjacent to Netherhill Lane to the footbridge accessed from the lay-by in Chancellors Lane.
2. Access is either via the pedestrian gate in Netherhill Lane which is locked with the club lock or from the lay-by in Chancellors Lane via the public footpath. All gates must be kept shut and access kept clear at all times. Cars must not obstruct gateways.
3. Fish only where you have room to cast and land a fish.
4. Members are permitted to clear bank-side vegetation (e.g. nettles, brambles and small branches) to allow access to the water. Any cleared vegetation should be left tidy on the bank and not deposited in the water.
Pond Warden: Mr Andy Murphy Telephone: 07505 356412
Assistant Fisheries Officer: Mark Davies Telephone: 07950 475288
Fisheries Officer: Steve Mottershead Telephone: 07801 759479